To our clients, partners, and community:
NOVERO Homes & Renovations is still working during the pandemic, making adjustments to meet physical distancing requirements outlined by the B.C. government for the construction industry.
It’s our priority to ensure the utmost protection of our employees, our families, our clients, and our communities while continuing to work on existing projects—as well as starting new ones. Caring deeply about the health and well-being of others, we have temporarily closed our offices and Design Centre.
Administrative staff are working from home and are holding meetings via video conferencing. Construction teams are operational, continuing with existing projects. We are working hard to minimize any disruptions for all our clients.
How the Design Process Differs
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have established the following modifications to our project process in order to continue to deliver exceptional customer service and high-quality work.
We are relying heavily on video conferencing methods with clients so that they can plan projects without leaving the comfort of their home. The steps outlined below are flexible, being mindful of comfort levels regarding technology and in-person meetings.
- Initial consultation meeting: Held over the phone or video (Zoom or Facetime).
- Initial site visit: Group meetings are limited to the minimum number of people, i.e. myself (Joele) and the client, keeping safe distancing in mind.
- Budgeting, contracts, and initial payment: Completed digitally. If needed, paperwork may be dropped off at our offices where precautions such as social distancing are taken into account.
- Planning & design meetings: Held by video conferencing (Zoom or FaceTime). Drawings and approvals are completed digitally. If requested, we’re able to drop off drawings at the client’s home and work with them to see products in person. If the client prefers to meet in person, small physically-distanced meetings may be arranged.
Another beneficial change: we are able to offer a design-only contract based on the number of hours that will be required for the design process only. There is no commitment to a larger construction contract at this time.
How the Construction Process Differs
We are closely following guidelines set out by the Provincial and Federal governments, especially the changes for construction sites outlined by the B.C. government guidance. Some of these changes include:
- Increasing the number of sanitary stations
- Employees staying 2 metres apart
- Limiting how many members are on site at one time
Overall, during this time NOVERO is entirely committed to completing existing construction projects, as well as helping new clients plan for a new one.
We hope you and your families remain healthy. Please consider supporting local businesses – especially those forced to temporarily close their doors – as much as possible during these unprecedented times.
We’re all in this together and by supporting each other, we have faith that we will come out stronger.
Joele Di Meglio